You may think the process of rubbish removal in Brisbane is a simple one; you collect your rubbish, place it in the wheelie bin and never see it again. While this is the case for small volumes of household rubbish, it can be a much more difficult process if you have larger qualities of rubbish or you have waste types that are not suitable for wheelie bins.
Moreover, rubbish removal can be a real pain in the backside if you don’t have the means to transport it away from your property. The inability to remove rubbish from a property can lead residents of Brisbane looking for shortcuts, which will inevitably, lead to many mistakes that you won’t want to make.
Even if you take on the services of a professional rubbish removal company by hiring a skip bin, you may still make mistakes that can have consequences.
Today, I look at the leading rubbish removal mistakes that I commonly see people make and explain why you might want to avoid making them yourself.
First, let’s take a look at mistakes people make without the use of a skip
- Illegally dumping rubbish – It is illegal to dump rubbish anywhere other than at a council’s designated Resource Recovery Centre. In Brisbane, you will cop a $130.55 fine per penalty unit. Find out more here.
- Not sorting rubbish – It’s easy to throw rubbish into the wheelie bin or load up a trailer and take it to the tip without taking any time to sort through it. However, by sorting through your rubbish you will save valuable landfill space and do your bit towards helping the environment. Recyclable materials can be turned into new products and green waste can be turned into compost.
- Disposing of unsafe rubbish – It is not safe to dispose of hazardous waste, used mineral engine oil, batteries, fluorescent light bulbs and tubes, expired medicines, empty gas bottles, electronic waste, and asbestos with your general waste. Hazardous waste such as cleaning solvents, bleach, pool and garden chemicals can be toxic, flammable or explosive and cause damage and harm if not disposed of correctly. Incorrect handling of asbestos can be life-threatening and illegally dumped asbestos waste will result in a fine.
Now, let’s take a look at mistakes people make with the use of a skip
- Overfilling a skip – There are not only height allowances for using a skip bin, but there are also weight allowances that apply. Overfilling a skip in either way will lead to the company not collecting the skip until it meets their requirements or them removing excess waste and leaving it on your property. You may even be charged extra for this mistake. Find out 4 Wastes’ weight allowance here.
- Disposing of unpermitted rubbish – Not all rubbish can be removed in a skip bin. The permitted rubbish will vary depending on your chosen skip bin company. Loading unpermitted rubbish in a skip can result in additional costs or the skip not being collected. At 4 Waste Walk-In Skip Bins, we only accept the waste type listed here.
- Overpriced supplier – There are so many skip bin providers in Brisbane that it can be overwhelming to find the right one for your rubbish removal needs. However, it pays to shop around. You can save a considerable amount of money and get much better value by choosing a company that offers cheap and more effective skip bins, like 4 Waste Walk-In Skip Bins.
There are many mistakes that can be made in the process of rubbish removal if you’re not sure how to go about it correctly. The biggest mistakes include illegally dumping rubbish, not sorting rubbish, disposing of unsafe rubbish, overfilling a skip bin, disposing unpermitted rubbish and hiring overpriced skip bins for your rubbish removal.
To have someone else take care of all your rubbish removal needs, call the experts at 4 Waste Walk-In Skip Bins. Call us now on 0413 333 330 or click here to find out how we can rid you of your rubbish removal woes.